Thursday, March 12, 2009

10 Years

Just over 10 years ago we were engaged and planning a summer wedding. I was stressed, who to invite and who I did not want to invite. Weddings suck (I like going as a guest, just not planning one), it is an all or nothing type of deal for me. I wanted everyone to be there, well like I said kind of. The lines are hard to draw.
The date to leave approaching and the planning was wearing on us. Joe thought it was simple, if he had not met the people I was inviting at $50 plus a plate (not even including the bar), then they were not invited.
We also had planned a spring trip to Kaua’i. Being over 10 years ago, I cannot remember how it all came about. I had gotten my dress. It was a simple prom dress. Cheap for a wedding dress, but pretty. You only wear it once!
“We could just get married while we are in Hawai’i.” said Joe. I had a hard time. It was my first wedding after all. You always think your first wedding is to be like a fairytale. Well it turned out to be one! Other than jabs from my Mom and select friends that they were not there, but then it was our wedding. We would do it the same again!
I got Joe bowling shoes (highly romantic I know!). I also asked Stephani’s brother to copy our VHS wedding video to DVD.
I came home from working today and Joe pulled up in the truck with my present. Christian helped him unload a huge box; at first, I thought it was another big screen. It turned out to be a “Human Touch Massage Chair”.
Joe – “Here you go honey, this is your dinner at the Oyster Bar”
Me – “How about if you take it back, get the money, take me to dinner and then we can get me 20 real massages with the money” (I know, what a bitch he married! – I was joking)
Joe – (heartbroken)
Me – “ I love it honey thanks, I was joking. You get bowling shoes that I already gave you early”.
The thing is that I really did not want him to get me anything, I expected maybe flowers.
I was thinking that I would make him take back jewelry since he has given me so much and I end up wearing the same diamond earrings. The necklaces, diamond and pearl bracelets just sit in the safe. No taking back this one!
How sweet is this guy I married? He knew that I loved our friend Wayne’s chair and I hog it from Wayne every time we go to Vegas. It is practical and I do love practical! He knows it. I think (pretty sure) I will use this gift a lot!
I am excited to be with him for another 100 years...I mean 10 or more.

3 comments:

jamie said...

I had the big fancy wedding and the hawaii wedding ad the hawaii wedding wins hands down EVERY TIME!

Happy 10th!

DillChips said...

Yeah I decided I would rather only worry about two people only for my wedding day also, thank you for the influence girls...never happier with my decision also.

DillChips said...

And Happy Happy Anniversary!!
Thank you for trying to understand him for 10 years... Mr. Mc. Mummble. We will see how long Nathan can try to understand Daughter Mc. Mummbles
I am so happy you are around. xoxo