Monday, March 23, 2009

Channeling Connie To Strike It Rich!

We are in the 6th week of our 12-week bowling league and the 4th year in a row in a league. My new bowling gear paid off! I was bowling so well that instead of Joe bowling in “Strike It Rich”, he had me go. To play “Strike It Rich”, people put in $1 for 4 tickets, I bought $4 worth. My tickets kept being drawn and each time it was a chance to bowl a strike. It took me the forth try but I did it. It is hard enough not thinking people we are playing are watching and criticizing your bowling technique but to do it in front of 23 other people (family and friends for the most part) on the league and the staff of the alley watching you, that is another story! I tripled my money and won $12! It was the smallest pot so far this year I think.
Now to top it off, I bowled better this week than I ever have. I bowled above my average and I got better with each game, my score went up!
There are a lot of factors in my better performance the main factor is that I am learning HOW to play the game instead of absently throwing it down and hoping for the best.
I also have just decided to enjoy myself. It helps that more of the family are on the league.This week we played John, Jamie, JP & Steph. Alex and Max are fun to play with each week. Alex is so fun, and he knows how to work us adults to buy him “prizes” in the machines. Jamie bought him some M&M’s and a sticker (bumper sticker seen here and disclaimer for Mommy Jamie, the bottoms are pjs). I tortured him to wait until after the 3rd game. Keep in mind, that it takes about an hour a game. Poor kid! But he was good. I need to figure out how not to make it seem so long to wait for his rewards. I learned not to say “you need to be a good boy”, because he knows he is a good boy so he is thinking, “uh, hullo lady where the hell is it?!”. I think next time I need to at least reword to say “behave during our games”. I am sure it is hard to literally sit and watch us. He really is a good kid!
PS thanks Connie

1 comment:

jamie said...

YEa, there's nothing that tugs on my heart more than asking him to be a good boy until... nd him looking at me and saying "But I AM a good boy Mommy!" He is though, he really is a good boy.