Sunday, March 22, 2009

Back-to-Back St. George Weekends

Steph, JP, their dogs, John and Alex, joined us in St. George. Saturday morning we went and watched Adam (Charlie and Joyce’s son); he was competing in a Remote Control (RC) rock climb. He did really well. It was fun to watch and he did well. When we were told, he was racing his PC truck at a Park we thought it was at a regular park. Therefore, Stephani and I dressed in our flip-flops. It turned out we were at a park that you hike up the slick rocks. This was a first experience for Alex. He was a bit worried about the cliffs, like me. He is a great little hiker.
We BBQ’d with Charlie, Joyce and Adam. Adam had just cut the pork chops the day before, fresh meat to satisfy the carnivore Dillier’s.
All the boys sent golfing both Saturday and Sunday. It was Alex’s (another) first experience golfing. He took his cute plastic clubs. I wanted to go to take pictures but I knew my attention span would be worse than a child’s would. JP and John took some with Joe's camera (see FlickR). Alex was so good the whole weekend. I think we all had a great time too!
Joe, the dogs and I went to St. George Thursday night. Joe got in a practice round of golf while I went to Mesquite and got in a massage (with I think, our last points). I also used our “cash back” and gambled with it.
Saturday the tournament began. Charlie golfed okay and Joe golfed one of his best games, an 86. He was really quite pleased.
I did a lot of nothing but ventured into DI. I scored for $3.00: a bowling ball, retro bag, a needlepoint towel and really old school bowling shoes. Thank you Connie! Whoever you are! I hope I bowl well Monday night with your equipment. Even if I use them 2 times, they pay for my rental shoes. Besides, let's face it, bowling shoes are not that pretty anyway. I will probably buy some next league.
I rented “Dark Knight”, Joe and I finally watched it. It was great except the damn Red Box DVD skipped! I think we missed a few important things. We will have to watch it again later.
Sunday/today, I slept in and cleaned up a little while Joe & Charlie golfed again. I drove out to Sand Hollow where they were playing the tournament. It was very windy and sprinkled rain as I drove (to BFE and turn right). Just as I suspected, I did not mean to curse him, but I thought the wind would get in his head. Unfortunately it did. Both he and Charlie golfed poorly. It was gusty and cold all day. The sand pelted at them all day.
We went back to the condo, I made an In-And-Out Burger run. Colin arrived (he is staying in our condo about one time a month, he has clients in the St. George area).
We ate, relaxed and visited for a while. Joe and I just got home safely through several snow and rain showers. I made it in my normal time, just a smidge under 4 hours.

No comments: